You guys, I love #Aldi for so many reasons.
One of them being the wide variety of Organic products they have.
Every week, I’ll grab a bag of either spinach or kale for our salads/smoothies.As most of us know, leafy, hearty greens are so incredibly good for you!
Lately, I have been craving kale. Earlier this week I sauteed some onions and kale to go with a steak dinner I made. I still had a ton of kale left over in the bag after dinner though, so I decided to make some kale chips with what we had left!
When I say that this recipe is easy, I mean it’s so stinkin’ easy literally anyone could do it!
Here’s a picture of everything you’ll need. If you purchase these exact items, I PROMISE you these kale chips will be nice and crispy!
There is nothing wrong with purchasing a hand-picked bunch of kale, but if you don’t make sure that the kale is COMPLETELY DRY before it goes into the oven (not even the tiniest bit of moisture should be on the kale besides the oil you add to it) your kale chips will turn out soggy! So to be sure to avoid that, the easiest thing to do is buy a bag of Aldi Organic Kale that is pre-washed, dry & ready to go! 🙂
- 1 bag of organic chopped kale
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees
- Lay a single layer of the chopped kale onto a baking sheet
- Lightly drizzle about 1-2tbsp of oil over the kale (make sure it’s a light amount!)
- Gently massage the kale with your fingers until each piece of the kale is fairly coated with the oil
- Sprinkle on some garlic salt to your taste + pop in the oven for 10min
- After 10 minutes, toss the kale with a spatula + bake for another
10-15min or until cripsy
- Once done, remove from oven + let sit for a few minutes
- Enjoy immediately!! 🙂
The texture is perfect if you’re craving a crunchy, crispy, texture-y snack!
Not only are these so yummy, but the nutrients are amazing.
For more than 2 cups worth, there’s lots of calcium, iron, potassium, fiber + protein!
The image below is from a Google search, but look at all of the amazing benefits of kale!
I hope you get a chance to make this delicious snack!! If you do, let me know in the comments if you altered this or made it fun in your own way! I’d love to hear! 🙂